JOB VACANCY: INTERNAL AUDITOR
The Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe (MCAZ) is inviting qualified, honest, self-motivated and experienced applicants for the following vacant post:-
1. Internal Auditor
Reporting to the Audit Committee and Director-General, the incumbent will be responsible for the following among others:
• Provide strategic direction and manage the internal audit activities, co-ordinate processes to support the implementation and execution of the Risk Based Audit Plan, monitor compliance, provide assurance of compliance with statutory requirements, policies and procedures in line with IIA standards and the Authority’s policies and procedures, prepare and present audit findings and recommendations before the Board Audit Committee.
• Conduct periodical detailed reviews of financial statements and supporting notes and schedules to ascertain the fairness of balances of accounts as presented and conformity with appropriate standards.
• Communicate results of audit engagements to the relevant stakeholders by writing draft and final engagement audit reports.
• Co-ordinate the quarterly production and reporting of strategic, operational and financial risk profile and or matrix registers for the Authority.
• Review established procedures and systems and propose improvements;
• Determine whether assets or resources of MCAZ are acquired economically, efficiently, used effectively and adequately protected;
• Carry out ad-hoc appraisals, investigations or reviews requested by Management.
• Co-ordinate and evaluate the MCAZ’s Risk Management system by ensuring that risks are continuously identified, mitigated and reported;
• Follow up on implementation of audit recommendations made by the Audit Committee and other assurance providers and evaluate responses and actions taken by Management of audited Units.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk Management, Business Management or equivalent.
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or possession of a professional qualification such as CIS’ CIMA, ACCA or equivalent.
• Post graduate degree an added advantage
• At least 5 years Audit experience two of which must be at managerial level
• Excellent analytical, written communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
• Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors
• Must be computer literate
• Clean class 4 driver’s license.
Applicants should send their curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications, experience, references and expected remuneration package to:
Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe
106 Baines Avenue/ Cnr. Third Street
P O Box 10559. HARARE
Closing Date is 12th January 2018
Protecting your Right to Quality Medicines and Medical Devices