The Legal and Corporate Affairs office is a Unit under the office of the Director General. The Legal and Corporate Affairs Unit is manned by Legal Practitioners consisting of a Legal and Corporate Affairs Manager who works with the Legal and Corporate Affairs Regulatory Officer for effective and efficient administration of the Unit. The Unit is the joint custodian of the corporate governance framework for MCAZ together with the Finance and Business Support and the Internal Auditors Divisions. The Legal and Corporate Affairs office is responsible for the following:
1. The Legal Risk assessment to MCAZ
2. Reviewing and drafting legislation
3. Legal advice to the Director General and other Divisions
4. Imparting and enforcement of legislation
5. Co-ordination of cases for litigation with MCAZ external legal counsel
6. Management of the Legal and Corporate Affairs Unit internal business processes
7. Joint Custodian of Corporate Governance
8. Secretariat to the Legal Committee on legal issues and makes relevant recommendations as and when necessary
9. Secretariat to the Hearing Committee
10. Public Relations for MCAZ
11. Production of the Annual Report
Stakeholders to the Legal and Corporate Affairs Unit
1. Other relevant Government bodies
2. Other relevant quasi – government bodies
3. The Zimbabwe Republic Police, mainly the Criminal Investigations Department Drugs Squad
4. Fellow Legal Counsel
5. Professional and Business persons or bodies
6. The public at large
In pursuit of promoting high ethical standards, the Authority has formulated a Code of Ethics for its employees and members of the Authority .The Authority believes that high ethical...
Southern African Development Community (SADC), as a region has harmonized medicines registration guidelines in the common technical document (CTD) format that were approved in January 2015. Nevertheless, the harmonization...
In line with the WHO guidelines on variations and other SRA guidelines, the EVR Division is updating the MCAZ Guidelines for submitting applications for Variations to Registered Medicines. The update...
Background The Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe (MCAZ) Regional Centre of Regulatory Excellence (ReCORE) in partnership with the European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) is offering...
The Quality Policy of the Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe (MCAZ) is to ensure the provision of accurate and timeous services, continuously meet requirements of our customers and guarantee patient...
In this issue: MCAZ turns 20 years Basics of reporting Side Effects of medicines Electronic Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting For more information Please click here to download the Newsletter...
The aims of the PV policy handbook are to firstly provide a framework for a national pharmacovigilance system in Zimbabwe. Secondly, to define the pharmacovigilance activities undertaken by the Pharmacovigilance...
The Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe (MCAZ) as a responsible corporate citizen runs a Scholarship Fund as part of its corporate social responsibility programmes. Click here to download the...
The approved Guidelines for Advertising and Promotion of Medicines are now available. Download the Guidelines for Advertising and Promotion of Medicines